The CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH) has published its 2018 annual report, highlighting program activities and research results from across A4NH’s five research flagships and five focus countries. These include:
- research into consumer choices, motives and barriers through the lens of vegetable consumption in urban Nigeria;
- building the evidence base with newly-published research that shows biofortified high-iron pearl millet can significantly improve nutrition and cognitive performance;
- significant research contributions to help policymakers and consumers understand food safety issues and risks;
- how agriculture and nutrition interventions delivered through community-based childcare centres can impact nutrient intake, dietary diversity and nutritional status;
- improving hospital diagnostics for human brucellosis; and
- an exploration of gender research projects being conducted under A4NH.