Photo credit: Pixabay
Farmers of the Benna tribe in Ethiopia
CCAFS, CTA Demonstrate Value of Climate-Smart Agriculture in Africa
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) released a book highlighting climate-smart agricultural practices across Africa, based on eight case studies. The book intends to increase awareness of, and support for, agricultural approaches that improve livelihoods and enhance food security while contributing to climate change mitigation.
The case studies cover:
- farmer-managed natural tree regeneration;
- improved market access for dairy products;
- a transboundary tree restoration initiative;
- tree use for drought resistance;
- a regional project for the promotion of fruit trees;
- and tree planting and agricultural extension programmes to enhance agroforestry.
Read more: land-l.iisd